Friday, March 4, 2011

Who is Sam Free?

Hey Hey Colonials!

My name is Sam Free and I am running to be your Student Association Executive Vice President.  You might be wondering who exactly is this girl?  Well, let me tell you a little bit about myself.  I'm a junior from Stamford, CT majoring in Sociology. At GW I'm actively involved with the Student Theatre Council where I serve as the Treasurer and the Racially and Ethnically Mixed Students Association where I was the Co-President and Event Planner.  In addition to being involved with STC and REMix, I also serve on the Diversity and Inclusion Task force which has worked extensively with GW administrators on diversity initiatives.  When I'm not busy on campus, I run the sales and marketing divisions of a small company called Healthy Bites which specializes in pre-cooked organic meals for busy professionals.

its Me!
My years here at GW have been awesome.  However I feel there are many improvements the University still has to make to live up to its potential.  As a student org leader I've had plenty of exposure to what makes GW great, and not so great.  Some improvements have been made but they have taken way too long.  I seek expedite that process. As EVP, I will improve the overall quality of life for GW students.  What exactly does this mean? Well you'll just have to read my next blog post to find out!                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment